Merhabalar, geçen sene bu günlerde tam 130 kg idim. En sevdiklerimin ve diyetisyenimin desteği ve tabii ki de azim ve kararlılığımla bugün 76 kiloyum. Buradan, tüm dünyaya mutluluğumu haykırmak ve bu anımı ölümsüz kılmak için bu mesajı keyifle yazıyorum. Herkese sevgiler. Unutmayın ki, ümidiniz ve hedefiniz varsa gerçekten yaşıyorsunuz demektir.
Dear Kenneth (my future self). I’ve recently learned that Alzheimer’s runs in the family, so I thought it might be a good idea to remind you of some things before I forget (pun intended).
1. Victoria is your daughter. At this very moment, we’re cradling her in our arms and watching as she grows more and more each day. She’s a fabulous little girl, with the potential to do and be anything. No matter what she’s become, support her. Love her. Remember her.
2. Don’t listen to anything negative about the Chicago Bulls. They were our father’s favorite team, our grandfather’s favorite team, and after the Jordan-era, our fandom should never sway.
3. You enjoy black coffee with two scoops of sugar (the real stuff, not that Splenda crap).
4. If you’re having trouble sleeping (due to the coffee) put on some wildlife shows and let your mind drift. If you’ve forgotten this nifty trick, you’ll remember it fast enough.
5. It was recommended that we develop consistent habits early-on to counteract the disease. The mind works best with practice. Today is the first day that I’ve left my brown fuzzy slippers beside the recliner in the living room. I will continue doing this for the rest of my life. If your feet are cold, start your search there. Best of luck, old man!